Remains of the 13 Levels
The mottled building stood along the mountain. It looks like the Potala Palace sitting in the mine mountains.
- It used to be the largest beneficiation and refinery plant around the area of Shueinan Cave, Jinguashi and Jiufen.
- People who love to take pictures of night views must not miss the time when lights are on from 18:00 to 21:00 every night.
- The place where Phil Chang, the singer, shot his MV for his song, “Well-Intentioned”
- The best shooting place: the sight viewed from the angle of Shuinan Cave Parking Lot and the side of Changren community viewing pavilion.
The story about how the Remains of the 13 Levels were born
The Remains of the 13 Levels is also called the Beneficiation and Refinery Plant of Shuinan Cave. It was built in 1933 and was a very important facility for the beneficiation and extraction of precious metals during the Japanese occupation period. After Taiwan was restored from Japan, Taiwan Metal Mining Co., Ltd. took it over, built up a new plant for gold refining and divided the building into the beneficiation plant and refinery plant. As time went by, the light of the mining industry gradually faded away and finally came to an end in 1987, and was taken over by Taipower for management.
Light up the Remains of the 13 Levels; recover its glory
The beneficiation and refinery plant of Shuinan Cave plays a very important role in the culture of Taiwan Mining Industry and has a profound historical meaning. In September of 2019, Taipower collaborated with Zhou Lian, an international lighting artist, and He Cairou, a new promising artist, on a public art called “Light Up the 13 Levels”. The Remains of the 13 Levels that were lit up by golden lights allow people to once again see the magnificence of the golden mountain city in the old times. It was as if you were taking a time travelling machine to the old times. People who like to take night shots must not miss the night view of the Remains of the 3 Levels.
- Time to light up the light: 18:00-21:00 every night.
Services & Facilities
- Parking Lot
How to Get ThereChoose a transportation method based on your departure location.
Tung Blossom Park
Halfway up Tianshang Mountain is the best place to see tung blossoms in Greater Taipei, the Tucheng Tung Blossom Park. In April and May when the flowers bloom, the mountain is covered in tung blossoms, making it look like a spring snow has blanketed the usually green slopes. Such a phenomenon even has a name: “The May Blizzard.”