How are you going to plan your precious vacation?
In New Taipei City,
you can go shopping, cycle, savor local seafood,
hike in suburban mountains or take a hot spring bath by means of public transportation.
Here we provide a list of highly popular tourist attractions and recommended itineraries,
enabling you to plan your trip easily.
- 1Green Light Tea Plantation”Green Light Farm” is a tea garden cultivated completely organically, with tea types produced including green tea and GABA Tea which are beneficial for health, elegantly refreshing Wushan Pouchang Tea, mellow oolong tea, the oriental beauty tea with honey and ripe fruit scents, as well as the black tea which is drank by most people. The owner further planted various types of plants in the tea garden, hence attracting many insects and bird species to visit; one may further observe the ecology of the Emerald tree frog. If you wish to experience tea-picking and tea production, please make reservations in advance with the owner of the farm – Lu-He Chen. (Taiwan Tel.: 0952-600-268 / E-mail: [email protected])
- 2Pinglin Old StreetThe entire street of “Pinglin Old Street” is about 200m long, with “Bao Ping Temple” at the center, which is the key belief for the locals. There are papier-mache stores, tofu snack stands, hardware stores and tea houses along the street, including the famous “Pinglin Pouchong Tea” in Taiwan. Stores on the old street are combined with Pinglin local tea culture, such that they used Pouchong Tea to make various creative snack foods, including tea rice cakes, steamed tea buns, tea nougats and tea oil vermicelli, etc. Moreover, Pinglin’s tofu is also famous, which is made with local mountain spring water, offering the sweet and delicious tofu dishes. When coming to Pinglin Old Street, one must come to taste the tea dishes and tofu, as they will definitely satisfy your gustatory sensation.
- 3Jingualiao River BikewayRide a bicycle through tea farming villages and enjoy the charming views along the bikeway.
- 4Fishwatching Fern WalkSchools of fish and waterbirds can be found along the longest fish-watching trail in Taiwan
- 5Yun Hsien ResortIt’s an attraction in the mountains only accessible by gondola, which offers the breathtaking scenery above the Wulai Waterfall.
- 6Wulai Honghe Valley and Jiajiuliao TrailThe extraordinary craftsmanship of the great nature created the magnificent Little Taroko
- 7Wulai WaterfallTake the log cart and explore the "waterfall in the cloud" amidst the mountains and forests.
- 8Wulai Old StreetWulai is famous for springs and the hill cherry blossoms. As Atayal is the dominant local ethnic group, there are Atayal cultural tokens everywhere in Wulai. Most shops in Wulai Old Street have a strong “indigenous flavor”. Visitors can taste a wide variety of mountain foods in indigenous flavors, such as the charcoal grilled wild boar pork, spring cooked eggs, shell-flower leaf dumplings, rice cooked in bamboo tubes, and dishes made with aromatic litsea. They are rare “Taiwan indigenous specialty foods”. There are also the specialties like the millet wine and millet mochi that are great as souvenirs for friends.
- 9Liulang Road Scenic TrailThe Liulang Road Scenic Trail is one of the busiest tourist routes in the Shuinandong/Jinguashi/Jiufen region. The name ;Liulang; originates from the term "liu-long;, which is a local slang for gondola lifts. In the past, traffic problems in Jiufen led to the construction of a light rail connecting Ruifang to Jinguashi, but a stretch of terrain that became Liulang Road of today proved too steep for rail construction, so a gondola was built to transport passengers between the light rail stations.In principle, the Liulang Road Scenic Trail follows the original route of the light trail and gondola. The cliffs en route consist mainly of tough rocks. These rocks house gold urns containing the remains of past gold miners.
- 10Shuangxi Cycling RouteThere are many tributary streams along the bank of the Shuangxi River. The water quality is crystal clear due to the fact that there is no pollution, making it suitable to rent a bicycle for a slow ride in the beautiful natural environment and fresh air. The “Shuangxi Bikeway” is approximately 6.2 Km long in total, with an entrance near the Lotus Park in the Pinglin Section of the Jifu Highway, it may be connected to the Ruangiaoduan Water Park trail from the Lotus Park. It is a bikeway that combines “flower-admiring, playing with water and fish-admiring.”
- Official attractions recommendation