How are you going to plan your precious vacation?
In New Taipei City,
you can go shopping, cycle, savor local seafood,
hike in suburban mountains or take a hot spring bath by means of public transportation.
Here we provide a list of highly popular tourist attractions and recommended itineraries,
enabling you to plan your trip easily.
- 1Cloth market in Sanchong CityBihua street of Sanchong Dist. is popularly called “minor cloth market,” because there are many cloth shops on the street. Due to stock cloth sales, various cloth supply of colorful design and patern as well as low cloth price, it has become a new point of interest of “Taiwan Cloth Shops Museum Garden”.
- 2Shimen Wedding Plaza"Shimen Wedding Plaza" is Taiwan's first wedding square and officially opened to the public on March 9, 2008.
It's located at 24k, Provincial Highway No.2, Shimen District, the seashore right in front of the New Shibawang Gong Temple (the Temple of the 18 Kings). The Department of Information and Tourism of New Taipei City continues the activity upsurge of the "Northern Coast for Wedding-photo shoots" held in 2005, and established the place as a regular tourist attraction in the northern coast area. With the investment of more than NT$ 8 million, the iron-house food stall area was transformed into Taiwan's first wedding square for tourists to take photos.
The newly emerging destination combining fashion, landscape and recreation - Happy Shimen, a Mediterranean style architecture painted in white.
- 3Fugui Cape LighthouseFugui Cape Lighthouse is the northernmost landmark on Taiwan Island. It was built in 1897 and stands at 14.3 meters high. All the building materials were shipped from Japan and its black-and-white exterior is very eye-catching, so much so you can see it from miles away! As a functioning lighthouse, the tower is equipped with a foghorn that guides the sailors home when it gets misty at sea.
- 4Fu Jen Catholic UniversityClassic architectural masterpieces are abound in Fu Jen Catholic University, with each one featuring unique name and style (such as symbols, oracle bone script or motifs of dragon and phoenix), hence it is praised as an “architectural museum”. Inscriptions on some of the buildings were written by eminent writers.
- 5Wulai Atayal MuseumThe “Wulai Atayal Museum” is a special place for displaying the history, culture and customs of the Atayal tribe. The rich museum collection and excellent exhibitions enable visitors to learn more about the indigenous culture through easy-to-understand edutaining ways. More importantly, the museum offers free admission and two fixed-time guided tours (10:00 and 14:00). In this three-story museum, the origins, tradition and culture, customs, religions and beliefs, and festivities of Wulai and the Atayal tribes are explained in detail. On the first floor, artefacts regarding the origins, migration, and hunting and the natural ecology of Wulai are presented. On the second floor, the face tattoo culture is explained: face tattoo is an important ritual in Atayal culture, only men and women with hunting and weaving skills were qualified for face tattoo and marriage. On the third floor, the daily life implements and traditional crafts of the Atayal tribe are displayed.
- 6Sandiaoling Waterfall TrailThe total length of the "Sandiaoling Waterfall Trail" is 2.71km. Because of its easy accessibility and a variety of surroundings, the trail has become one of the popular mountain hiking trails. Visitors exit the Sandiaoling Station and walk along the small path along the railway to the old site of the Shouren Elementary School, and the entrance of the mountain hiking trail is right above. Walking along the way, visitors will pass by the three-overlapping waterfalls, including Hegu Waterfall, which has the largest drop and flow of water as well as the Motian Waterfall, which has upper and lower layers (also called Yuemei Waterfall), and Pipadong Waterfall. Visitors can spend a great time to their full content observing landscapes including the magnificent waterfall group, cliffs, potholes and stone caves.
- 7Ruifang Scenic AreaRuifang is a coastal township that developed on the mining trade. After the mines played out, the township reverted to relative obscurity until the area's fortunes were revived by a series of advertisements and movies highlighting the old mining towns of jiufen and jinguashi.
Today these towns attract visitors with historic charm, the tranquility of the mountains, and sweeping views of the sea. To walk along the steep stone stepped alleys here is to travel back to yesteryear Taiwan.
- 8Queen TownLocated at the mountainous area of Zhulun Village, Sanxia District, New Taipei City, it has is a 5.8-hectare blessed land with green mountains, small creeks and rich soil. It is surrounded by the crystal clear Zhukeng River and the great sceneries of the mountains. French cuisines, garden scenic seats, riverside seats, a swimming pool and camping areas are provided in the park.
- 9Shifen WaterfallVisit Taiwan's version of Niagara Falls for the marvelous waterfall.
- 10Shifen Railway StationShifen Station is the largest station on the Pingxi Line and it used to be a major interchange station for trains. Train drivers will exchange old bronze passes (train passing permits) at this station to approve their passing. Shifen Old Street and Jingan Suspension Bridge near the train station are great tourist attractions to linger and take pictures. The journey walking from Shifen Station to Shifen Scenic Area is a marvelous one, because Shifen Waterfall is right next to the railway. There is a suspension bridge by the side of the railway to enjoy the waterfall. It is a completely different experience to linger on the suspension bridge and enjoy the passing trains. When the train heads for Sandiaoling Station from Shifen Station, you can enjoy the part of the Pingxi Line with the most special geographical features, because all the six tunnels of Pingxi Line are concentrated in this section.
- Official attractions recommendation