How are you going to plan your precious vacation?
In New Taipei City,
you can go shopping, cycle, savor local seafood,
hike in suburban mountains or take a hot spring bath by means of public transportation.
Here we provide a list of highly popular tourist attractions and recommended itineraries,
enabling you to plan your trip easily.
- 1Jingtong Railway Story HouseRight next to the railway is Jingtong Railway Story House on the Old Street. The owner Yuan-Fu He is a railroad fanatic. After negotiating with the Taiwan Railway, he opened the nostalgic Railway Story House by the last station of the Pingxi Branch Line. The Story House has a collection of all sorts of railroad artifacts, and they also sell railroad related souvenirs.
- 2Thousand-Island LakeThe mountains that interlace with the lake look like islands, attracting scores of tourists to explore their beauty.
- 3Xizhi Old StreetToday’s Zhongzheng Road was formerly known as Shuif Fanjiao Street, which was an important shipping transit stop along the Keelung River. It was also the starting point of Xizhi’s development and is known as “Xizhi’s first street.” There are many remnants of the area’s past glory, such as Niuchoutou Harbor and markets, barns, churches, and fortifying walls.
- 4Jhongjiao BayWelcome to the surfers’ paradise in northern Taiwan, with golden sandy shore and swell waves.
- 5Gold Museum
- 6Jingan BridgeThe bridge is 128 meters in length, and is the junction bridge between Shifen Village and Nanshan Village. Constructed in 1947, the bridge was used for the transportation of coalmine back then. After mining has stopped, it has been renovated and repurposed as the bridge for pedestrians. It is located close to Shifen Station and the old street, with Keelung River beneath it, and the blue-white colored bridge hence became a popular spot for visitors to take photos with.
- 7Gongbei TempleThe century-old Gongbei Temple filled with Japanese and Chinese aesthetics is a popular spot for maple viewing.
- 8Sandiaojiao LighthouseLocated on the easternmost cape in Taiwan, the Sandiaojiao lighthouse is the Island’s first place to greet the dawn every morning.
- 9Wulai Tour MinitrainThe minitrains were used in Wulai to transport lumber.In 1963 the open-air cute little trains were transformedfor tourism. The track is 1.6 KM long and it goes to a waterfall. Those who make the trip early in the morning have plenty of time to to walk back on a "lover's lane" and end their trip on Wulai Old Street.
- 10Zhonggang Main DrainageWho could think that the popular check-in point- Zhonggang Main Drainage used to be a stinky sewage place? After the comprehensive renovation, the place is completely different. Fish is swimming, turtles are sunbathing on the stones and birds are searching for food, an ecosystem with abundant species everywhere. Enter from the dream-like Rainbow Bridge, there are children's colored paintings on the walls along both sides of the river; with the on-site landscapes, 3D paintings are lively and vivid and make people personally on the scenes. Please don't miss the "color blocks," you have to take photos with them; the colorful large and small blocks scattered in the river, it's IG's most popular check-in spot for internet celebrities; either sitting or standing, you'll get beautiful photos.
- Official attractions recommendation