How are you going to plan your precious vacation?
In New Taipei City,
you can go shopping, cycle, savor local seafood,
hike in suburban mountains or take a hot spring bath by means of public transportation.
Here we provide a list of highly popular tourist attractions and recommended itineraries,
enabling you to plan your trip easily.
- 1Sanchong Sanhe Night Market
- 2Old Jinshan AirfieldThe origin of the “Old Jinshan Airfield” can be traced back when a small-scale military airport was built here during the period of Japanese rule. Unfortunately, a plane crash took place soon after the airport was in operation, making it an abolished airport even before it was officially opened. Today, the Airfield ruins still preserve three “stone-made airport rollers” used back when the airport grounds was being paved. Most of the area where the airport once resided has been turned into farmlands (situated within the Chongguang Liugu Flower Farming Area), which is one of the largest suppliers of rhododendrons in Taiwan. The count of annual rhododendron production can reach over several millions and most of the rhododendrons found in Yangmingshan are all transplanted and supplied from here.
- 3Bihua Temple
- 4Caoli Fishing Port
- 5Maoao Ancient Stone HousesLooking towards the right from Fulian Elementary School, visitors would find a small fishing village settlement not far away, and it is exactly the Maoao Fishing Port. After enjoying water activities by the shore, visitors could follow the Northern Coastal Highway and travel towards the east to the Maoao Fishing Port. Before entering the Fishing Port, there are several ancient stone houses nearby; the stone materials exactly came from sandrocks by the seashore, the roof trusses came from the bamboos in the back mountains, and the roof thatched with grass straw. This “drawn from locally available materials” way of building the ancient houses is full of our ancestors’ wisdom! Today, these stone ancient houses are mostly deserted and slowly crumbling down, so hurry and come capture traces of history before they are completely gone!
- 6New Taipei BridgeThe erect tower shaped in the Chinese character of “north” build the skyline of Taipei Metropolitan Area together with Taipei 101
- 7Li Tien-Lu Hand Puppet Historical MuseumL i Tien-Lu Hand Puppet Historical Museum was established in 1996. It is the first professional puppet museum in Taiwan and it was built to commemorate hand puppet master Li Tien-Lu and his legacy in the art of hand puppets. The museum displays exhibits such as Li’s puppets, masks, costumes, music instruments and scripts.
- 8Cyuanji Temple
- 9Sandiaojiao LighthouseLocated on the easternmost cape in Taiwan, the Sandiaojiao lighthouse is the Island’s first place to greet the dawn every morning.
- 10New Taipei City Surfing Education CenterThe first surfing center in Taiwan. A new spot for sports tourism.
- Official attractions recommendation