Take a pedal boat ride on the lake or cycle along the waterfront
Xindian are distinguish for its natural beauty,weather is the Hemei Mountain Trail that beside the suspension bridge or the Shitou Mountain Trail near the metro station,are good choices for family trips,you could rent a bicycle to ride along the riverfront pathway,enjoy the view of the Xindian River. If you like hiking, you can take a public bus or the free Taiwan Tour Bus, head into the mountains like Yinhe Cave Trail, the Shihzihtou Mountain Trail etc.
- The best way to get to Xindian is with the Xindian Line's metro. When you get off the Station, Bitan is just right in front of you.
- At Bitan, visitors can take the swam pedal boat, enjoy the beautiful lakeview, and visit Bitan Suspension Bridge.
- Experience the trails in Xindian, you can stay close to the mountain and along the waters.
- Feitsui Reservoir is suitable for family trips, and visitors can learn about reservoir conservation, reservoir ecology, etc.
Anchor point Anchor point
- Feitsui Bamboo ShootThe green bamboo shoots grown in Xindian are irrigated using crystal clear water from the Feitsui Reservoir. The rich fiber content and sweet juicy flavor consistently make Feitsui bamboo shoot an award-winning agricultural product. The best time to get these shoots is during the growing season from June to September.
(Photos provided by Richard, enjoy my life! Flickr)
- Crispy sesame candy pieA thin and crispy crust sprinkled with sesame, and within it is the unforgettable sweet black sesame candy.
- Lu Wei (Taiwanese Stew)Lu Wei is a common food in Taiwan, unique vanilla-caramel syrup created by more than 20 selected herbs and Japanese brown sugar, added in all kinds of food, gently simmered and releasing the rich caramel and light vanilla flavors.
(Photos provide by 聖巴黎焦糖滷味)
- Salted Egg Yolk PastryA souvenir from Xindian, the savory and sweet pastry has an aromatic thin and crispy crust, crunchy but not oily base, red bean paste filling with salted egg yolk.