Gongliao / Shuangxi
Enjoy the beach and ancient mountain trail
Have fun and enjoy yourself at Gongliao, riding a sailboat or surf through the waves. Cycling along the coastal highway liberates the soul, the ron shop, traditional cake shop atmosphere create a cozy feelings.
- The centennial Tamsui-Kavalan Trail is one of the few long-distance trails in Taiwan, full of ecology, culture and history.
- Those who drive from Shuangxi ,using Jifu Highway to Gongliao can enjoy the beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
- Rent a bike beside Fulong Railway Station and embark on a cycling trip on the Old Caoling Belt Bikeway.
- Fulong Beach offers water activities, such as canoeing and surfing, and is also the venue for Fulong International Sand Sculpture Art Festival and Hohaiyan Rock Festival.
- Sandiaojiao Lighthouse, a favorite check-in and photo spot, is situated in the northernmost cape of Taiwan.
Anchor point Anchor point Anchor point Anchor point
- Gongliao/ Taiwan Gelidium JellyTaiwan gelidium jelly is made from boiling gelidium. When summer arrives, there are shops all around Gongliao selling gelidium jelly in honey, lemon and plum drinks. There are also specialty flavors such as red bean milk. The chilled beverage with the chewy toppings wipes away the heat of summer.
- Gongliao-AbaloneAbalone and ormers are grownin the local intertidal zone of Gongliao District. Ormers have a solid and crispy texture while the abalone tastes soft, tender, and sweet, making them a must-try seafood delicacy for tourists who visit Gongliao District.
- Shuangxi/ Haishan ConfectioneryA cake shop which founded nearly 50 years old, in addition to traditional cakes, black rice, comprehensive and original taste, rice and curry flavors are also very popular.
- In-depth trip to the secluded sportsTravel days : 3 days tourCategory : Route 2 Taiwan-Cycling Routes
- Run to the east with friendsTravel days : 2 days tourCategory : Route 2 Taiwan-Running
- The freshest catch of seafoodTravel days : 1 dayCategory : Route 2 Taiwan-Seaside walk
- The mountain town full of stories and photo opportunitiesTravel days : 1 dayCategory : Route 2 Taiwan-Cycling Routes