Tamsui / Bali
Savor local delicacies, and appreciate the historical monuments and culture
The erect Fort San Domingo, retro old streets, street food, and ferry trips are all experiences that you can't miss when traveling in Tamsui. From Bali Left Bank to the Fisherman Wharf are just a short ferry trip away. Widely scenes and a range of cultural delights are gathered in this place.
- Tamsui's famous attractions: Fort San Domingo, Tamsui Customs Officer's Residence ( Little White House ), Tamsui Itteki Memorial House, Shisanhang Museum of Archaeology.
- Stroll along Tamsui Old Street, savor the famous signature snacks such as Tamsui Ah Gei, iron eggs and fish balls.
- Do not miss the music festival at Tamsui Fisherman Stage, a popular event in summer.
- You can use the the "Blue Road" next to Fisherman's Wharf can travel between Danshui and Bali
- At the Danshui River Mangrove Nature Reserve Area, visitors can observe the dense mangrove, the wetland ecology at a close range.
- Bali Left Bank Bikeway and the Golden River Bank Bikeway are suitable to family for cycling tour.
- The Shisanhang Museum of Archaeology in Bali is the first archeology museum in the northern of Taiwan, which helps visitors to learn about the prehistoric culture and footprints of the ancestors.
Anchor point Anchor point
- Bali/Twin DonutThe crispy, fluffy twin donut and covered in sugar powder. They are sweet but not greasy leaving a savory taste in the mouth.
- Tamsui/ Ah Gei, Fish BallsThe most famous food in Tamsui, steamed the oily tofu and which filled with vermicelli, and covered in sweet chilli sauce, the best street food in Tamsui!
- Tamsui/Fish CrackersFish paste shaped with a wooden stick before frying. Once the flour coating turns a golden color, become the perfect snack to nibble with congee, soup or wine.
(Photos provided by [email protected]_food_photo)
- Red yolk duck eggsIt is one of the highly recommended souvenirs of Bali. Made by Bali’s local duck farmers in the early days, The fine mouthfeel and perfect saltiness of the egg yolk is just so perfect. It is also one of the highly recommended souvenirs of Bali.