Day 1 Traffic Updates
- Traffic Route Lion Head Mountain Hiking TrailThe“Lion Head Mountain Park”is situated on a 70-meter altitude Jinshan cape. Transformed from an early military coast guard restricted zone to the tourist destination today, the old barracks, bunker, fort and natural habitat was preserved. It is a forest walk with a good view and ocean on three sides. The Lion Head Mountain ringed walkway is cool with a gentle rise and trees to either side. It is fit for family outings, passing the adorable lucky trail (Maitreya figure) and walking further in for the beautiful “Couple Rock” story and see the “Candle Stick Rocks” shaped like candle holders. One can also visit the mystery bay of the north coast and appreciate Tofu Rock and sand rock remains on the marine beach. The best part about visiting Lion Head Mountain is the chance to see all three “Golden Coast Wonders” at once, the Candle Stick Rock, sulfuric fire fishing and moonlight on water.
- Traffic Route Mysterious CoastThe Mysterious Coast is one of the newest hot scenic spots hidden at the Shuiwei Fishing Port. Climbing up the wooden stairs by the Fishing Port, visitors would be immediately welcomed by an infinite horizon of the sea and a terrain of marine abrasion. Following the light beamed through the cave, visitors would arrive at the secret paradise. The wide and open sights here seem to be so different from that of the Shuiwei Fishing Port. As seawater splashed on the jagged rocks of surrealistic shapes, visitors would be immersed in the ocean’s grandeur up close and personal. Turning around, visitors would abruptly realize that the cave they just came through was actually a gigantic rock – its myriad layers would have the visitors wonder over Mother Nature’s magical work!
- Traffic Route
Day 2 Traffic Updates
- Traffic Route Shimen (Stone) ArchLocated about 29 kilometers along the No. 2 Provincial Highway is Shimen (Stone) Arch. This is not a cave at all, but a stone arch formed by erosion. Standing at the side of the highway, it offers an excellent spot to look out at the sea. On top of the stone arch there are seats and what remains of a gun emplacement.
- Traffic Route Laomei Green ReefW hen you see the pictures of Laomei, you would think they have been photoshopped. However, when you get the chance to visit the site in person, you will find that the picture’s beauty is no exaggeration. Ages ago, the volcanic eruption of Datun Mountain formed a volcanic reef by the seashore.
- Traffic Route
- Traffic Route
- Traffic Route Tamsui Lover's BridgeThere are many romantic scenic sites in the periphery of the Tamsui Fisherman’s Wharf, and Tamsui Lover’s Bridge is a favored place for couples in love. The soft-toned Lover’s Bridge features a sailboat shape, whereas the different sized boats berthed at the wharf opposite to the Lover’s Bridge offer an alternative sentiment. It is recommended to visit the Lovers Bridge to admire the sunset during dusk hours, which is magnificent with the sunlight from the setting sun shining on the surface of the river. When night falls, it transforms into a resplendent project mapping show with rainbow colors that vary with the time to light up the Tamsui riverside. It will be even more convenient to go there with the availability of the Danhai Light Rail “Blue Sea Line,” where one can experience the romantic sea views after getting off at the Fisherman’s Wharf Station.